Saturday, May 12, 2012

A mother figure :)

  I'm joining the ranks of those who are not going to even look at there computers tomorrow.  *smile*
My mom needs a REALLY good day. Many people have said it before but my mom is the best!  Period. She reminds me of Mrs. Weston. :)
  Mrs. Weston was always a favourite with me. And her sweetness and gentleness was always something I could never really put into my character... not to say that I cannot be gentle or sweet. Who said that?!
 But, this post is about Mrs. Weston. :)

I've always thought they were such a sweet couple!

                      I admire the way she does not become too irritated by Emma love of matchmaking.
                  A virtue that some may not have. (Mr. Knightley for instance was annoyed by it) But it was 
                           the kind of annoyance which one can understand. :) But back to Mrs. Weston.

Emma... I just had to place this in my post! :)
      


Lovely, amiable, gentle, patient and loyal. All these things are Mrs. Weston.  


And I really think that the BBC Emma got her character right. :P

How does she remain so calm? :)
  She deserves more praise than I give but time is a precious thing... and I'm in a predicament. 
I think that Mr. Weston deserved such a good wife! He did and they make such a handsome couple... as I  said at the beginning of this post. Would you not agree with me?
  Miss Laurie is asking us to vote for our favourite Jane Austen mother/mother figure and Mrs. Weston will certainly be my choice.  

God bless you all,










2 comments:

  1. I know what would we do without mothers??????? I thank God very Day and night for my loving, gentle, calm, and sweet christian mother. Have a great day and GOD BLESS

    Marissa Kathryn




    P.s. Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I most of the time get blown away at how calm my mom is and I don't blame her in the least for blowing up... When she does. (:
    I try to remember to thank the Lord for my wonderful mother but sadly I think about all she does for us all as "Well, she's the mom" or " She's the mom and she should do that".
    I'm wrong and I know it!!!
    I love my mom SO much I am at a loss for words most of the time. :P I guess I will 'truly' understand when I become older and wiser. (:

    ~Abilaine

    ReplyDelete

I dearly love hearing what my readers think about my posts. Please make sure all things you say are uplifting and God-honouring. I check all comments before they are published and it may take a few moments before your comment appears. But if it is acceptable I will publish it! :)
Thank you.

Abilaine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...